I'm not sure whether I'm going to go on another make up brush blogging spree but I thought I'd give these a quick mention since I've found them so good to use.
Muji Goat Hair Brush and the Portable Eye Color Brush
It's been quite a few months since I bought these as I bought them in HK earlier in the year. Beckie told me to get them because she said they were very soft and worth the price.
Turns out she was quite right! Muji's brushes are very soft and great to use with powder products.
Muji Goat Hair Brush
I call this a blush brush because it's perfect for applying blush onto the apples of the cheeks.
It can also be used to blend towards the ear, and can be used for light contouring as well.
The goat hair brush is tapered at the end so application is soft yet precise. So perfect!
Comparison: Ecotools blush brush, Muji and Real Techniques Multi Task brush
- Very soft
- No scratchiness
- Made of goat and weasle hair, other brands would be a lot more exi
- I can't remember the exact price but I remember it to be drugstore pricing
- Good quality and lightweight handle: handle made of maple and ferrule with aluminium
- Tapered end retains shape
- Bristles are perfectly shaped, no stray hairs
- No shedding or bleeding
- Great for applying pigmented powder blushes/bronzers
- Can pick up a lot of product if you want to
- Can be used to blend out product as well
- Not very densely packed, but it's good enough to me
- Not as cheap as other drugstore brush brands (but much better quality)
- Not much variety in their brush range
- Does not come with brush guard
Definitely recommend this brush if you like to have buildable coverage on your cheeks/contour.
I might have a look at their larger face brushes next time too. When I first felt them they felt scratchier on the hand but I may have been mistaken.
The Eye Colour Brush
I think this eye colour brush was basically the only eye brush in their brush range so I was a bit sad because it's a really good brush!
The eye color brush is made of weasle and horse hair. Like the goat hair brush, the handle is made of maple and ferrule with aluminium.
Comparison: Real Techniques base shadow, Muji eye colour, Sigma eye shading E55, MAC 213
- Tapered end
- Structured but still soft
- Not scratchy
- Packs on powder eyeshadow well
- You can blend a little bit with it too
- Inexpensive, I think it was under or around $10AUD
- They need more variety in their eye brush range
- Travel size handle, which is good and bad, it would be for them to have a version with a longer handle too
The eye brush is a very basic brush that is useful to have in anyone's collection.
Highly recommend Muji brushes, especially if you want natural hair brushes but are on a budget :)